Sweet Chibundiro Githeri recipe
• 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) of cooking oil
• 3 cups (360 g) of boiled beans
• 2 cups (240 g) of boiled young maize
• 2 Tbsp. (20 g) of Chibundiro
• 3 finely chopped tomatoes or 15 g tomato paste
• 1finely chopped large onion
• 1 finely chopped capsicum
• Salt to taste
1. Heat the cooking oil in a pan and, once hot, add the finely chopped onions, fry until it is golden brown.
2. Add the finely chopped capsicum and let it cook, after 1 minute,
3.Add the finely chopped tomatoes and let it cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add beans, maize and the dissolved salt. (you can dissolve the salt using normal water or lemon water)
5.Stir and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the Chibundiro to the mixture in the pan.
7.Stir well and allow simmering for 2 minutes or until the liquid reduces.
8.Githeri is a meal on its own but can also be served with avocado, tea or even bread, depending on your taste.
Enjoy your delicious githeri with Chibundiro!